Saturday, November 2, 2013

Voting time my friends!

I know I am a few days late but HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Sometimes I feel like we should celebrate this holiday every six months.  Once a year just doesn't seem to be enough.  Every year I spend months just thinking about what I should be for Halloween.  With my new-found love for sewing I knew this year my costume would HAVE to be home-sewn.  And because I am an avid Project Runway fan I also wanted to do something a little outside of the box.. call it my "Unconventional Challenge" costume.  So I got on Ebay...Ordered the game Twister, and decided to make myself a dress with the actual Twister mat!  It was so much fun to make!  Definitely not the easiest material to sew on.  I quickly learned that you CANNOT back-stitch on a Twister mat!  But I had a blast creating it and I love how it turned out.  I added a bright red zipper down the back, and used matching blue bias tape to finish off the edges.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

Since Halloween, my Twister dress has been entered into BurdaStyle's costume contest!  And it is currently in 3rd place!  How exciting!  So if you like how my costume turned out will you do me a favor and vote for my dress?!  Just click HERE to vote! You can vote once from each device.  So vote from your phone, your computer, your ipad, etc etc etc!!  The grand prize is a new BabyLock sewing machine (goodness gracious I could use one of those!).  After you vote let me know by leaving a comment below or on my instagram account @bybrookedesigns.. If I win I will be randomly selecting one of you to receive a FREE #byBrooke design!  So get those votes in!  Contest goes until Wednesday November 6th.  I've got some stiff competition so every vote counts!






Loves,
Brooke

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Brooke! I voted for you :) I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw your AWESOME costume you made over at Style After Hours & voted for you! hope you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good! and i love project runway! you should go on it! :)

    ReplyDelete