A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the blog Trash to Couture. Have any of you checked it out? I had heard about it before but finally took the time to take a look. And its pretty much amazing! So after seeing this blog post, I decided maybe I too could transform trash to a couture! And I did and its easy and you should try it out, seriously.
All it takes is.......
1. an old white tshirt (I know you have one just hanging out in your closet)
2. a printer
3. Cardstock (10 cents at office depot)
4. Temporary Adhesive Spray ($9 at walmart)
5. Scraps of muslin fabric ($3.50 for half a yard)
TOTAL: $12.70 (But remember the muslin and spray adhesive will last you several shirts!!)
And all you do is.....
1. Pick out a picture online. (try googling vintage Vogue, vintage chanel, Eiffel Tower, New York City, vintage bike)
2. Spray the adhesive on the cardstock
3. Place muslin fabric over cardstock and cut the fabric around the edge of the paper
4. Place the cardstock (it should have the muslin stuck directly on top) in the printer and print! (Make sure when you print you are printing full page!)
5. Take the fabric off of the cardstock, place the fabric on the tshirt and sew around the edges!
And then put that vintage tshirt on and tell all your friends that YOU printed it! How cool is that??
Thank you thank you Trash to Couture for the amazing idea and tutorial!
As always feel free to let me know if you have questions! Happy Printing! Happy Sewing!