Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lately.


Just to finish where I left off.. The rest of the London trip was amazing.  Filled with yummy crepes, a birthday in Holland park, lots of chocolate happy hippos, and finally tons of time spent with my amazing hubby.  It was a perfect trip that we will never forget.  I still pinch myself thinking about how quickly the opportunity came up and how perfectly it all went.  Such a dream. 



Life has slowed down a little bit for us in Nashville.  All the trips are done, and we are back to the normal grind (which we LOVE.. seriously we do).  Cameron is busy working at the hospital and tutoring while taking 18 credits this summer.  I am lucky I married such a busy body.  I never knew how much I wanted/needed that.  He still finds time to go boating (at 6am!!!) and we spend every free second on the tennis courts or on our bikes. So maybe life hasn't quite slowed down...I dont think it ever will and that is A-OK with me!



Date night on gift cards.  Any excuse to get out of our scrubs and dress up a little bit!

This boy loves loves LOVES shoes.. Don't worry those did not end up in our closet! Love my dad in the backround ps.



I have been sewing lots lately (YAY!).  I have to admit I went a little crazy fabric shopping in London.. which I don't regret at all.  But it was pretty hilarious watching Cameron stuff all the goods in his suitcase.  He is a good sport:)  Unfortunately the day I got back from London I found out that the fashion show I had been invited to showcase my line at was cancelled:(  The main sponsor had requested changes that could not be made with such short notice and eventually pulled out.. and blah blah blah.  So here I stood with a suitcase filled to the brim with beautiful fabrics, and a line that no longer existed.  It was a sad day, but a blessing in disguise.  Since that time I have been bombarded with custom orders!  Had I been working on my line, I would not be able to accept any orders so I am grateful that it all worked out how it has.  And now my customers are getting beautiful European fabrics to chose from!  Its a win win really.

So what's on my sewing table?  I am currently finishing a beautiful white dress a bride will be wearing to her rehearsal dinner.  Then I will move on to another custom dress (style TBD), three custom skirts, and a baby blessing dress. Oh and somewhere inbetween I will be making myself a unique shirt/skirt  patterned combo to wear to a wedding. Sounds funky I know but the fabric is gorgeous.. just you wait!!  Everyone always asks do you get bored with making clothes for other people?  And I just think how could I be? The fun part about doing custom orders is that everyone likes/wants something different.  Whether it be the style, the article of clothing, the color, the embellishments...it seems that every new project I work on is a new challenge for me.  And my creativity is always being pushed to new levels...so no, I never get bored. Ain't nobody got time for that bored thing anyways!!


Sarah Critchlow's birthday dress pre-sleeves and before the hem was finished!  More pictures to come.  

My pity party dress made out of frustration when I found out the fashion show was cancelled.  At least now I have a pretty dress to wear. 


Showing off our homemade skirts!  Sarah is a machine on the machine!  You would never know this is the first apparel piece she has sewn!


Baby Bandana Bibs!  Made for my sweet friend Shelby and her baby due in October!

Ok this is a shoutout to my mom who made these amazing slipcovers!!  Aren't they beautiful! Ordering some myself:)


Samantha's Skirt.  Can't wait to see it on her!! hint..hint.. send me some pics you busy woman!!


Practicing on myself is always fun.. Made this shirt in preparation for another I will be making for someone else.  Im sure it will be getting lots of use!  (can you tell I love my London pants)  


My BFF Sarah and I made these for a cute bowtie themed baby shower! So cute and so easy. 


Nope.. I didn't make this.. but Cameron says I should wear it because it would "fit" me perfectly! I would be mad but he's right....



Loves to you all!
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. I love your london pants! They look amazing on you. Cant wait to make more skirts! Love our new sewing night traditions. joint blog coming soon!

    ReplyDelete