Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fabric, economics and chocolate.

Tuesday June 11th, 2013.

OK so let me first explain myself (ourselves).  Last weekend Cameron and I averaged a bedtime of 2:00 am because Miranda was in town and no one sleeps when that party animal is around!! JK Miranda:)  But seriously we wanted to wait up for Miranda to come home from CMA fest and then when she got home we just wanted to talk all night long (totally worth it). And of course we were up early working/studying/sewing/packing.  OK so Saturday night we slept on the plane.. Sunday night we went to be around 2am (because that is about 8pm nashville time) and then woke up at 4am to head to work. And on top of that I have been so nervous about working in a different country/hospital that I have NOT been able to sleep well at all.  phew. Now maybe we wont seem quite so lazy when I tell you that we slept in until 11:30am! I mean it wasn't like we woke up then went back to sleep.. nope we flat out zonked at around midnight and didn't make a move until nearly 12 hours later....!!! Cameron and I just started cracking up when we found out what time it was.  I guess we were a little bit tired.

Starting your day at 11:30 is craazy! I mean do you eat breakfast? or just fast forward to lunch? I don't have an answer for that.  We ended up doing neither.  We hurried and got ready and went straight for the fabric market in London.  I thought we would just peak through the stores and then move on to food (food must always be a priority when married to Cameron Lowry) but I was totally lying to myself.  We spent like three hours there.  Poor Cameron.  He was such a good sport about it. He brought a backpack and every time I bought a new fabric he would figure out some ingenious way  to fit it in the backpack without making the backpack look bigger at all.  I can't quite explain it but it was pretty impressive.  Cameron didn't even know I knew how to sew when we got married so Im still in awe at what a good sport he is with all of this.  In every fabric store I would say about 50 times "honey what do you think about this one?"  and Cameron would always tell me straight up "oh wow that is really spectacular" or "hmm I dunno thats a little weird but if you have like a vision for it or something then go for it".  Love that hubby of mine.  It was a perfect morning/afternoon and Cameron and I laughed harder than we have in a long time.  After the fabric escapade we ate dinner at a chinese restaurant that was disgusting. Totally grossed us out.  I wont go into much detail about that experience.  And then we hit up a dollar store and bought loads of candy.. If you haven't eaten a happy hippo I would highly recommend it.  I was skeptical at first too.. and now I've eaten about 5 of them.

We spent the rest of the day wandering around aimlessly.  We have a list of so many things to do and see but everytime we walk out of our hotel we just keep walking and we can't stop.  We say we are going to head somewhere else but then there's something just ahead that we just have to check out!  I must admit I'm taking full advantage of not having to be anywhere at any certain time right now.  It has been so much fun to just wander around and find hilarious and interesting things to see on the way.



Wednesday June 06/12/13

Wednesday was another day that began with fabric shopping (I know I have a problem) but Cameron had lots of homework to do so I was able to run from shop to shop while he sat at the cutest cafe drinking hot chocolate and studying Economics (doesn't that sound like a dream).  Ok if I thought Tuesday's fabric escapade was amazing...Wednesday's blew it out of the water.  Berwick Street is only a couple blocks from us and there are probably 5-7 beautiful fabric shops.  We are talking top of the line shops with fabrics that go on up to 300 pounds!!  But luckily in every single shop I went in there were remnant pieces for very cheap.. I'm talking silk remnants, shirting remnants, fur remnants, every kind of fabric you can imagine in every color and every pattern for less than we can get in the states.  And then you walk a couple blocks and there is Klein's.. a notions store (or haberdashery as they call it here-such a fun word) with beading, ribbon, buttons and zippers.  It is pretty inspiring just dreaming of all the things you could make with the beautiful pieces you see in these shops.  Its all just such a dream!  I feel very blessed to get to see such creativity at such a perfect time in my life.


The rest of the day was filled with more wandering.  After another backpack full of fabric we were headed home when we decided to walk down one street to see what was going on...well 4 hours later we finally made it back to our place.  One turn literally turned into four hours of us looking around and saying Wow lets look at that... oh Wow I want to see that.. haha we couldn't get enough of the area (Reagent Street/Oxford Street/Bond street).  We literally did a complete circle and ended right back at that same street four hours later.  It was an amazing day.  We did eventually make our way to see good ole Big Ben and the London Eye.. and then headed to Phoenix Theater to see "Once" which had some incredible music! Cameron and I weren't completely in love with the plot but the music and the beauty of the theater made the show for us.

All in all it was another wonderful day that we are so grateful to get to experience.  I know this time won't last forever so we are just trying to soak it all in as best as we can.

Cheers
-Brooke
.

No comments:

Post a Comment