Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Collie

Monday morning we woke up at 4 in the morning to head to Ashford, Kent which is two hours outside of London.  I had to work there for the day and Cameron was nice enough to make the long journey with me and patiently do homework in the hospital lobby while I was at work.  Luckily Cameron ate the best breakfast sandwich he has ever had in his life (he seriously keep talking about it) so I think that made it all worth it for him.

Our commute started by walking to the bus station then taking the bus station to the train station then an hour and half train ride to then take a taxi and finally we were at the hospital!  Probably our favorite part of the trip was Collie.  He took us to the hospital and we loved him so much we called him when I was done working and he took us back to the train station.  Collie was seriously so legendary.  He told us all about the town of Ashford...and how it used to be a quite pleasant town but when chain grocery stores knocked down local groceries and took down farms the town became quite bloody boring (according to collie that is).  When we asked him if there were any good places to eat he told us he didnt know because if he was hungry he would head to the river and catch himself a fish and filet it up.  We are conviced that if we kept this conversation going we would be sitting at Collie's dinner table eating homemade caught and fried fish---biggest regret of the trip so far!!  Cameron told Collie that he was from Utah and Collie commented oh lots of mormons there.. funny people those mormons.  Do they preach to you all the time? (imagine all these converstions in a british accent it makes the story much more funny).  Wish you all could get a chance to meet that hilarious and wonderful man.
I wore this boy out! He says I am the first person ever to exhaust him. If you know Cameron you know that's probably true. #winning 

My work experience was like out of a movie.  The hospital was tiny and charming.  And the staff were both hilarious and incredibly sweet to me.  I just couldn't get over their accents!!  They were so thick I could barely understand them sometimes.  One of the guys that I worked with (a larger man) said that he would love to come back to the states with me because he would be nearly anoroxic in America with all of those big mac eating Americans!  Another guy told me that England is wonderful although the weather is just dreadful and disappointing.  He said your life consists of an endless series of planned and cancelled barbecues.. it really is such a shame.  Hahah. love those English workers.  Oh and I have I mentioned that they are OBSESSED with Britains got talent..I saw so many ads on tv and on the streets before we got to the hospital and then of course the first conversation I heard among the lab techs was "Did you happen to catch britian's got talent last night?". Bloody brilliant.
Our dinner every night..mmmmm it's so good! 


After work we headed to Canterbury.  OK I LOVE CANTERBURY.  I was in thrift shop heaven!!!  Seriously where else can you find shoes for 5 pounds.. ahhmazing!  We ate empanadas and bought bread and cheese and chocolate at the local grocery store YUM YUM YUM.  And walked around the town just taking in the cobblestone and architecture.  It was beautiful! 
I'm a little bummed we didn't have this cake for our wedding.. So sad.


Poppa Lowry this is a shout out to you! Cameron was trying to be just like his pops:) 

After Canterbury we headed back to London and took the underground to Picadilly Circus.  The crazy thing about England is that it never gets dark!  Seriously we were up at 4am and then out again until about 10pm and it was still light outside!  Its amazing!  So we just bummed around town checking out the amazing Nike and Ferrari stores and finished the night with an amazing italian meal!  There is so much shopping here I can't even stand it.  I just love taking in all the styles and fashions here in London. Its fairly similiar to the styles we see in NYC but with a certain edge to it.  It has given me a new vision for my line I'll show in October.  I can't wait to get moving on it.. Oh London you are a girl's dream come true.

Cameron and the Russian lady trying to talk me into these shades. Probably not gonna happen. Just sayin. 

I think this is Cameron's very favorite pic. He wants those sooooo bad! 

Best wall in the world! A wall full of sewing machines. The only thing that could make it better is if it were lined with fabric!



Chao
-Brooke 










No comments:

Post a Comment