Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stripes on stripes on stripes

Of course I had to make a dress (very quickly) to take on our trip. So I whipped this one up just before we left. It is a fairly simple bodice (no darts because I wanted to keep it quite simple and not take away from the width of the stripes) and the skirt is just gathered panels pieced together. Turned out to be perfect for bumming around town all day...comfy.. stretchy (great for this chocolate diet I'm on right now) and I def didn't see anyone else wearing it today. But I can tell you that stripes are in!! Everywhere I turn I see amazing fabric lined with stripes.. All diff colors all diff sizes. And in all different directions! Such a fun trend! I might need to make myself a few more... Hmm...


(Testing it out before our trip.. Oh the lengths we go for a picture when the hubby's not around)


It's so fun to be able to wear clothes that you make yourself but there's just something special about making clothes and taking pics of other people wearing them. In other words I am pretty excited to get to work on my line and other custom orders I have been getting lately. Until then I'm grateful to spend this precious time with the hubby in an absolutely charming place. 

Loves. 
Brooke 

No comments:

Post a Comment