Tuesday, July 30, 2013

NYC



Always smiling in NYC!

You know that feeling you get when you take your first bite into a decadent rich chocolaty dessert? Oh it is just so good and you never want the moment to end (I'm making myself hungry!!).  That's the feeling I get when I step foot in NYC.  Its like an instant relief and a feeling of I think I could enjoy this forever.   NYC holds a lot of memories for my family.  My brother and I were born there, and we lived there-in a one room apartment with 5 people-for four years.  Though I was only two when we left the city, my parents still talk about the memories our young family made in that special city.  I broke my arm on those concrete streets...I knocked my two front teeth out playing on concrete stairs (and was toothless for 5 years).  But I still can't get enough of that place.


The family car.



Two days after my brother was born I broke my arm.. my poor poor mom!


So of course when I found out everyone would be back in the city this weekend Cameron and I couldn't miss out on that action.  So we flew out to NYC with my parents and were there from Friday night to Sunday night-but like always we managed to pack lots into our time there.  Cameron had about 10 pieces of dollar pizza (that is a low estimate fyi), we hit up a Yankees game, ate Chinese food, did some fabric shopping (of course), and walked probably 12 miles a day just checking everything out.  We stayed up until about 2am every night just talking and laughing with the fam. And because Cameron and I shared a hotel with my parents we had some pretty hilarious situations occur throughout the night.  We are lucky to be so close with our family.  I got married a year and a half after my older brother, and my younger brother got married six months after me, so we are all in very similar stages in life right now and can relate so seamlessly.  We are very very blessed!


Best spot for a family reunion.  Missing our Claybers.
(Wearing all kinds of homemade this trip.  Printed that tshirt (vintage chanel) from home, and wearing the dyed skirt I made a few days earlier)
Yankess baby!  


Rain doesn't stop this woman!


Loved this amazing trims store!
(Wearing another skirt I made with the craftsy pattern I talked about in my last post!)


Bryant Park!  
                               


Just owning the streets in NYC


I cannot wait to get back there...But until then I'll be watching Project Runway for my NYC fix.


I am working on some exciting updates to the blog. NYC proved to be great inspiration for a few ideas I will announce soon!

Loves!
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of you when you are little are so cute! I want to go to NYC with you guys! I have only been once!

    webberwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete