Monday, August 5, 2013

Simply Beautiful.


A few days ago at work I called a patient back to be seen in clinic.  When I opened the waiting room door there laid on a stretcher a beautiful elderly woman with a bright tshirt and painted nails.  Next to her was her husband, sitting in his wheelchair close to her side.  And his son stood next to them both. The whole family came back to the room with me, and the son preceded to tell me that he wanted to keep them close together. His mother had recently been put in a nursing home, and since then the two lovebirds haven't been able to see much of each other.  As we got into the room my sweet patient looked to her side and held out her hand to her husband.  When he grabbed her hand she said in the most sweet voice, "I sure love you".  His eyes began to water as he said I love you back, and took out a folder filled with old pictures to show his precious bride.  

I am grateful to that sweet family for teaching me that sometimes life doesn't need to be complicated.  That the sweetest moments are filled with simple words and precious people. 


Loves,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment