Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Polka dot attack


My last day in London I stumbled upon this beautiful polka dot fabric and fell in love. 



 Its not hard for me to fall in love with polka dots anyways but this was just screaming my name.  So even though our bags were packed to the max somehow someway we managed to get this treasure home.  AND it was totally worth it.




I had it set in my mind that I wanted an entire outfit out of this polka dot piece.  But I was inspired by all the print on print combos that I saw in London.  So instead of doing a dress I opted for a skirt and shirt polka dot duo.  And who doesn't love a little black velvet collar?  I love how it turned out.  Its a pretty dramatic outfit when worn together, but I love that I can wear each piece separate for a more casual look. Ohhh London..how I love thee.  




















My hubby got a new camera (after selling off half our furniture!) so he has been so sweet to photograph my sewing these last few weeks!  I think he's a natural!  I have to say we had some pretty hilarious moments trying to capture some of these pics!  Its a little awkward walking around a park while having someone snap photos of you! But I love that Cameron gets just as excited about my designs as I do.  And finally.. finally we can say goodbye to those blurry iphone photos. 

Loves,
Brooke

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented!! Can't wait to have my own By Brooke dress! Tell Cam he rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are super talented!! I cannot imagine the care it took to keep the dots lined up correctly. Amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super easy to take pictures of something so pretty!

    ReplyDelete