Monday, December 16, 2013

Merry Christmas, Darling.

There is no busier time for a sewing enthusiast than Christmas time!  Every year I vow I will start my crafting early.. but every year I am of course, sewing down to the very last day.  Maybe its because I get too busy making Gala dresses....but I had to..I couldn't go to that Gala well.. in a store bought dress!!

Every year for work Cameron and I attend a big fancy Gala where there is usually an amazing band, incredible food and lots and lots and lots of dancing.  I call it prom for adults.  All the men wear tuxedos and the women.. well I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I pretty much go to see how incredible these dresses are!  This year I had been dreaming of making something runway carpet-ish.  And what looks better on the runway than gold right??



I started with a very basic pattern and let the inner designer within me run wild by adding length, and then a panel on the bottom that was cut on the bias.  And let me tell you, the thin stretch fabric that I used allowed for lots and lots and lots of dancing!   

My handsome date!



Loves,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment